[Asterisk-bsd] Porting CAPI Channel

Jan Stocker Jan.Stocker at t-online.de
Thu Feb 17 13:41:25 CST 2005

> > Have you looked at http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/ there is a lot on
> > capi for asterisk there and they also make 4 and 8 port isdn boards we
> > use in asterisk.
> > I am interested in getting these boards to work with asterisk under
> > darwin (apple derivate of bsd).
>
> We're currently starting some project to let a freebsd committer
> port some infrastructure to FreeBSD 5.3 to make the junghanns
> isdn board (quadbri) usable under asterisk.
>
> I hope we have some results sometime in the next 2-3 months...

The quadbri is a PASSIVE card, so you need to create a D- and B-Channel
protocol, like I4B has. But I4B hasn't a real CAPI layer. I appologize
not to create a 3rd module for FreeBSD. Please get in touch with Thomas
Wintergerst, author of C4B and talk to him to make your solution a part
of C4B using the available CAPI stack.

Jan