[Asterisk-bsd] System Hangs under 5.3

Andy Brook andy at lynksys.net
Thu Feb 3 08:12:43 CST 2005

I'm seeing some really weird system hangs whilst exiting asterisk on a machine running 5.3-REL-p5.

After starting asterisk with "asterisk -vvvgc" I run the command "stop now" the following output appears then a hang...

*CLI> stop now
Beginning asterisk shutdown....
Executing last minute cleanups
  == Destroying any remaining musiconhold processes
Yuck! Error in buffer handling...: Broken pipe
Asterisk cleanly ending (0).
Feb  3 14:04:07 WARNING[539]: asterisk.c:343 listener: Accept returned -1: Bad file descriptor

If anyone needs more details let me know and I can provide configs, dmesg etc.  I'm just in the initial stages of configuration so I'm obviously restarting asterisk every 5 mins and I have to go into the server room to power down the test machine, it's getting rather frustrating...

Thanks,

Andy