[Asterisk-bsd] Several warning messages

Dmitriy Belonozhkin dan at tdata.ru
Thu Apr 21 01:55:26 CDT 2005

Hello Andy,

*[skipped]*

AH> I have used Asterisk for a while on one box without a timing
AH> device (zaptel or otherwise) and had no noticeable problems.

If you do not have any sort of hardware timer you can use zaptel with
ztdummy. The last one emulates a hardware timer.

But there is one problem with Asterisk when I use it with ztdummy.
FreeBSD hangs up if I try to restart Asterisk :-(

*[skipped]*

AH> Additionally, the chan_oss error is most likely from the lack of a
AH> sound card, improperly configured and/or install sound card, or
AH> other sound card issue.

A sound card is installed and configured under FreeBSD.

AH> Chances are (correct me if I'm wrong) that you won't really need a
AH> sound card unless you plan to to calling right from the console;

Well you are right. I am not going to make calls from the console.

*[skipped]*

---
Best regards,
 Dmitriy Belonozhkin