[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk Line Appearances

Mark Radabaugh mark at amplex.net
Fri Apr 8 16:53:07 CDT 2005

Jerry Bednyak wrote:

>  I have successfully installed and configured Asterisk on FreeBSD
>  5.3. I guess I am not understanding a fundamental concept in the
>  Asterisk system - line appearances. In my current phone system
>  (Panasonic KSU) I can tell which extensions are in use and also
>  which outside lines are in use (indicator buttons on my Panasonic
>  phones).
>
>  Let's I have 2 Cisco 7960 phones (6 line appearances each) and two
>  outside lines (zap channels) is it possible to program 4 of the
>  7960's line appearance buttons to appear "off-hook" when an
>  internal extension or zap channel is in use?
>
>  Jerry

Your existing system is a 'key' system as opposed to a pbx - key
systems do that so that you can see if there is a free line to use.
I don't know of any way to do what you want to do but then again I am
pretty new to this.   In any event you might have more luck on the
regular asterisk mailing list than the BSD specific list.

Mark