[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk Line Appearances

Jerry Bednyak jbednyak at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 13:56:14 CDT 2005

I have successfully installed and configured Asterisk
on FreeBSD 5.3. I guess I am not understanding a
fundamental concept in the Asterisk system - line
appearances. In my current phone system (Panasonic
KSU) I can tell which extensions are in use and also
which outside lines are in use (indicator buttons on
my Panasonic phones).

Let's I have 2 Cisco 7960 phones (6 line appearances
each) and two outside lines (zap channels) is it
possible to program 4 of the 7960's line appearance
buttons to appear "off-hook" when an internal
extension or zap channel is in use?

Jerry