[Asterisk-bsd] Digium TDM21B and Zaptel

A. Sila asila at cidcm.umd.edu
Mon Apr 4 22:31:19 CDT 2005

Hi All,
I am facing a weird situation while trying to get a newly from Digium acquired TDM21B card up and running. I am wondering whether anyone on this list experienced the same thing and could help me out.
Here is the situation:
a). Without the TDM installed the system works fine, w/o any error messages;
b). Once the TDM card installed and duly configured as per Digium's instructions (see below, e), Asterisk stops working, the system reports the following error messages (part of the message):
Apr  1 03:27:03 WARNING[517]: Ignoring signaling

Apr  1 03:27:03 ERROR[517]: Signalling requested is FXO Kewlstart but line is in FXS Kewlstart signalling

Apr  1 03:27:03 ERROR[517]: Unable to register channel '4'

Apr  1 03:27:03 WARNING[517]: chan_zap.so: load_module failed, returning -1

Apr  1 03:27:03 WARNING[517]: Loading module chan_zap.so failed!

c). If I remove the channel 4 (by commenting out part of zaptel.conf and zapata.conf) Asterisk works fine -- obviously without the FXO interface;

d). The server's specs are as follows:

 - IBM, NetVista, Pentium IV, 1.8 GHz, 256 MB RAM;

- FreeBSD 5.3; Asterisk 1.0.6-BRIstuffed-0.2.0.RC7j

- Ports installation of Asterisk, Zaptel and Zapata using latest cvs version

e). The card installation was done following the instructions in http://www.digium.com/downloads/tdm_inst.pdf;

Its configuration was done according to the instruction in http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=configuration#TDM2XB

>From what I've read so far in this mailing list and somewhere else, it seems several people are facing similar issues, none of the existing suggestions worked for me though...

Thanks in advance