[Asterisk-bsd] Choppy sound error when starting server

Kiel R Stirling kiel at knss.net
Sun Apr 3 06:48:55 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I am new to asterisk so please be kind. When I start asterisk I get this
error "Unable to open pseudo channel for timing...  Sound may be
choppy."
I am running FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE. asterisk -V tells me Asterisk
1.0.6-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC7j is the version. I have Googled this error
and I did managed to find others with this error however, I failed to
find a fix.

I would appreciate any advice on over coming this error.

Regards,

Kiel R Stirling.