[Asterisk-bsd] TDM400p results so far and a question.

Jeff Rizzo riz+asterisk at boogers.sf.ca.us
Sun Oct 17 13:23:54 CDT 2004

I'm using the FreeBSD zaptel driver under FreeBSD 5.2.1-release (not
sure how to tell what version of the zaptel driver - but I got it in
email in the last three weeks.  :) with a TDM400p card which has one FXS
and one FXO port.  Things are working pretty well in the tests so far,
and I can now confirm that the FXS port _does_ work pretty well.

I'm running the following version of Asterisk:

Asterisk CVS-HEAD-10/16/04-15:57:30 built by riz at fb.boogers.sf.ca.us on
a i386 running FreeBSD

Here's what I've seen so far - since I'm pretty new to asterisk and have
never (!) run it under Linux, perhaps someone can let me know if I'm
doing anything wrong.

My zapata.conf is thus:

[channels]
language=en
context=internal
usecallerid=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
signalling=fxo_ks
channel => 1
context=from-analog
signalling=fxs_ks
rxgain=10.5
txgain=0
callprogress=yes
channel => 2

I've got an analog rotary-dial phone (yes, really) hooked up to the FXS
port, and I'm able to dial other extensions with it just fine, and cause
it to ring when its extension is dialed.  When I plug in a touchtone
phone, I have intermittent trouble getting * to recognize the digits
dialed.  I haven't yet had time to characterize the trouble, but my
guess is I just need to tweak some settings.  The only other thing I've
noticed is that the dialtone sounds a little wonky - almost like static
on the line, a steady clicking sound.  For all I know, this may be
normal, though.  :)

On the FXO port, I am able to successfully dial out without issue, but I
can't seem to get asterisk to answer an incoming call on the line... I'm
almost certain this is a configuration problem, but I'm at a loss what
to do next.  I don't see _anything_ on the console when an incoming call
is ringing, even though I've got verbose set to 9... should I see
anything?  Here's the 'from-analog' context in my extensions.conf:

[from-analog]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/3000&Zap/1)

... which I would expect to ring both SIP/3000 (which works) and Zap/1,
the analog phone (which also works in other contexts).  But as I've
said, I see no indication that asterisk even notices the line ringing.

All in all I'm quite pleased with the state of affairs thus far.  Any
troubleshooting suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,
+j