[Asterisk-bsd] TDM400P FXS on FreeBSD 5.2.1-release - sanity check

Jeff Rizzo riz+asterisk at boogers.sf.ca.us
Fri Oct 15 17:18:08 CDT 2004

OK, now that I've got the power  connector  actually connected, and the
zaptel driver recognizes my FXS port, I want to verify that the  board
is supposed to be generating a dialtone, because I don't get  one.

The driver shows the  following when I load it:

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
FXS device: vendor=e159 device=1 subvendor=b100
wcfxs0: <Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F> port 0xe800-0xe8ff mem
0xfebff000-0xfebfffff irq 27 at device 2.0 on pci1
FXS Attach for wcfxs0: deviceID : 0xe159
Freshmaker version: 71
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO
Module 2: Not installed
Module 3: Not installed
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (4 modules)
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)

I've added the following to /usr/local/etc/zaptel.conf:

fxoks=1
fxsks=2
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

When I run ztcfg, it show this:
Keyword: [fxoks], Value: [1]
Keyword: [fxsks], Value: [2]
Keyword: [loadzone], Value: [us]
Keyword: [defaultzone], Value: [us]

My assumption is that at this point, I should be able to plug an analog
phone into channel 1 and hear a dialtone generated by the board... I
don't.  Am I wrong, here?  Any suggestions what  to try next?  I'm going
to forge ahead and do some configuration of asterisk to test out the FXO
port anyway, but I was hoping to get some  confirmation that the FXS
port  might actually work...

Thanks,
+j