[Asterisk-bsd] FreeBSD 4.10, MeetMe and ztdummy

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Thu Nov 4 01:10:46 CST 2004

On 03/11/2004 19:11 Chris Stenton said the following:
> Pickup the latest snapshot  of zaptel from
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-FreeBSD+zaptel

that doesn't work on freebsd 4.10. when loading asterisk, chan_iax2
complains that the timer device (/dev/zap/timer) is not configured, though
both zaptel.ko and ztdummy.ko load fine. i'm using the zaptel drivers from
the ports, version 0.8. see http://www.freshports.org/misc/zaptel/

> Which version of asterisk are you using?

asterisk 1.0.0.

> It does work on 5.X I don't know about 4.10. If the rentrant libc is the
> same on 4.10 as 5.X then it will not work. It may be better to link with
> one of the other thread  libraries.

which other thread libraries could i try with, and which makefiles would i
need to edit to change the library link calls ?

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/