[Asterisk-bsd] SIP

Neal Nelson nealie at kobudo.homeunix.net
Thu Nov 4 08:42:50 CST 2004

My firewall is passing the RTP stuff fine. I did a tcp dump on the
client end and I can see it receiving udp packets from port 12868 to
49330. It receives packets of 172 bytes and sends packets of 92 bytes
(I'm using a talking clock as a sound source).

I'm still getting messages on my server side complaining of many
attempts to connect to 12868. All internal udp messages are allowed in
my firewall ("allow ip from any to any via fxp0" which is my internal
wired net interface). There is no trace of connections being denied in
/var/log/security. The messages seem to indicate to me that nothing is
listening.

I'm using /dev/dsp for the sounds which I assume is correct. My sound
system works fine as I use xmms a lot. Obviously I shut it down  before
I use kphone.

I think this may be more of an Asterisk problem than a FreeBSD problem.
It's just a shame that there's no IAX client for FreeBSD as I've got
IAXComm working fine on my Mac.