[Asterisk-bsd] SIP

Dr. Rich Murphey Rich at WhiteOakLabs.com
Tue Nov 2 13:19:31 CST 2004

I've been using Sip with 5.3 RC1 and RC2.

Make sure your firewall allows incoming UDP for the port range specified
in rtp.conf:
rtpstart=10000
rtpend=20000

using the pf firewall the rule would look something like:

table <RTP_networks> const { \
   165.139.205.0/24, \
   166.147.141.0/24 \
}

pass in quick on fxp0 inet proto udp from <RTP_networks> to (fxp0) port
9999 >< 20001

This probably ought to be in a FAQ for 'no audio' symptoms.

Cheers,
Rich