[Asterisk-bsd] IAX2 long latency

Dr. Rich Murphey asterisk-bsd@lists.digium.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:57:28 -0500

Which codecs?

I've noticed differences in latency between xten and firefly, but haven't
taken the time to reproduce it using identical codec choices.

400ms is indeed quite long if the components are all on the same subnet.

Diagnostic output (e.g set verbose 9) can cause audio delay, even when
obtaining output using remote asterisk (asterisk -r) to a server at high
priority (asterisk -p).

Rich