[Asterisk-bsd] NetBSD patch

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo asterisk-bsd@lists.digium.com
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 10:11:14 +0200

"Olle E. Johansson" <oej@edvina.net> writes:

> Check this:
> http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002274

The patch shows what I did to get Asterisk to run under NetBSD-current
on i386 -- but there's still some work remaining.  There are problems
with pthreads mutexes, of the kind we're used to seeing with third
party applications using the NetBSD pthreads library.  For now, I am
running Asterisk with the pthreads library configured to ignore
application errors (see the manual page pthread(3)), but plan to try
to debug this better in the future.

There are also a couple of problems with "music on hold".  It keeps
complaining about events scheduled into the past, and is unable to
stop mpg123 when Asterisk is asked to shut down -- I have to kill it
manually.  For now, I've simply uninstalled the mpg123 application, to
avoid the problem, but that, too, needs further debugging.

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no  T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901