[asterisk-biz] Asterisk Calling Card Solutions

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Tue Sep 3 10:10:54 CDT 2019

Am 03.09.2019 um 16:44 schrieb Alex Balashov:
> I don’t mean to post an unhelpful tangent or be flippant or dismissive
> of your question.
>
> ... it’s just that my powers of comprehension are no match for the
> notion that calling cards are still a thing in 2019, in any market. How?!
>
> No, I mean, I intellectually know this, just as I know that US TFNs and
> geographic DIDs + RCF are still a thing. I just don’t get it. It’s good
> that I’m not in charge of figuring out what is marketable, because I
> freely confess I am just stupefied.

Maybe people will accept the obstacles in order to save money. We run a
cumbersome callthrough service, where you have to dial a PSTN number
from your mobile to access the service, then enter a PIN via DTMF, and
then enter the destination number also via DTMF, and then cross fingers
to get connected via a dirt cheap bad quality route. People still use it
because it's cheaper than anything else they can find.