[asterisk-biz] Free US DIDs to give-away

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Mon Nov 2 11:30:37 CST 2015

Hi Peter,

Am 01.11.2015 um 19:35 schrieb Peter Beckman:
> Seems risky without a contract.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to answer these questions or if they are
more of a rhetorical kind like "Can't be trusted, not enough data". But
I'm gonna:

>      * What's the SLA on response when a DID stops working?

There's no SLA and no guaranteed response time.

>      * What happens when a customer wants to port the number?

They can do that.

>      * Do you support SMS?

No.

>      * Is there an escalation procedure? Portal? Reports? Paid services?

E-Mail or phone. Those who have requested DIDs were given the contact
details.

>      * What if we ask for 100 numbers and then don't use them for several
>        months, is that OK?

Yes.

>      * Do we have to have minimum monthly active traffic in order to keep
>        them?

No, but some traffic would be nice. If there shouldn't be any traffic
after a year or so then we'll talk again.

>      * G729 or 711 or ??

G.711 alaw, ulaw and G.729.

>      * Redundancies? Are you a CLEC? Is this through TrueMetal.org?

We're something like a CLEC in Germany, where we are located. In the US
we partner with a CLEC. TM.org is my private mail domain, not related to
the company.

>      * What's the name of the company?

Those who requested DIDs were given the company name, URL and contact
methods.

Regards
Markus