[asterisk-biz] Beware: Teliax toll-free compensation FRAUD.

Gavin Grabias gaving at alcazarnetworks.com
Wed May 13 22:49:15 CDT 2015

On May 13, 2015, at 10:18 PM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com<mailto:abalashov at evaristesys.com>> wrote:

:-)

But seriously:

1. Nitzan had virtually 0% chance of collecting prior to posting;

Maybe, perhaps  he’s entitled to zero.  Maybe he sends calls that aren’t collectable.  I can keep going on with maybe..  Maybe we don’t understand why.

2. To whatever extent his chances of collecting may have increased from 0% to merely negligible, he's done himself a favour;

No, he hasn’t.  I have denied many people compensation.  They also never offered compensation for my legal bills for the collection issues I have incurred.

3. He has no leverage in these situations;

He can become licensed, file a tariff, and do collections on his own traffic.

4. As a small business, the negative impact to him is profoundly, magnitudinally greater than the impact of collection problems on larger companies.

I completely disagree.  A small hosted PBX company shouldn’t be relying on TFO collections.  If it is a basis for your company, I would think its fraud.  However, one bad apple can cause HUGE issues on your relationships as a LEC.

As I see it, he had nothing to lose, everything to gain, and may, depending on the specifics and realities of the case, even have done a public service.

I offer zero compensation on TFO.  Why?  Because it has been the most fraud laced product I have ever seen, and your damn right that the ilecs can bury our asses with legal.

I am not even going to respond to an agents stake in this because there is none.  They just want payments, and they don’t care what that means.  I am not defending Teliax, I have no idea of their position.  I did read a lot of responses of people who don’t have a proper understanding of TFO collections.

Good night.

Gavin

-- Alex