[asterisk-biz] Beware: Teliax toll-free compensation FRAUD.

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Wed May 13 16:42:33 CDT 2015

So disappointing to hear Nitzan.

I've found that even when I don't think my customers are right, or I can
prove they aren't right, it is better for my own sanity and for my business
to make exceptions and provide a great experience and give refunds or send
money than to make up policies or excuses or try and prove that our
business is in the right.

I had a customer who didn't pay their bill, so after 30 days we
disconnected his numbers. They got really mad and said they lost a ton of
business. It wasn't our fault, but we also didn't want to have a customer
leave super unhappy. So they sent us an invoice for what they spent on some
advertising of those numbers and we split it with them.

Was it our fault? Nope. But we did it to demonstrate that our customers are
more to us than revenue generators. And the customer decided to stay with
us, and we have a great relationship with them to this day. It took 6
months for us to break even on that, but it was worth it for that
relationship.

I'm sure this post will cost the business more than $833 in bad press. It
doesn't even matter to me or them if either of you are "right" or to hear
their side. The relationship wasn't valued enough to solve this quickly and
move on.

I know you've experienced it too Nitzan, with the VoIP rates with Future
Nine back in 2010. Hopefully the you today would never respond to customers
with "No offense, and I'm sorry about this - but we are too busy right now
with other issues which are higher priority..." when they make a complaint.

I hope this can be a cautionary tale for all of us to remember that our
customers are humans too, and we need to treat them with respect, and to
be empathetic and value the relationship over money arguments.

Beckman