[asterisk-biz] WombatDialer 0.7.0 out - preview dialing and more

Lenz Emilitri lenz.loway at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 03:34:51 CDT 2013

Hello all,
a new version of WombatDialer was released today. During the latest months,
we noticed a number of users demanding multi-tenancy and better control of
how calls ending up to human agents are to be placed. Version 0.7.0 is
available now, and it adds a number of interesting new features:

* Reverse dialing lets you have outbound agents immediately connected when
the callee picks up, without the minimal delay of waiting on a queue for
dispatcing. On top of this we implemented preview dialing, where agents can
check the number to dial and approve or skip it - we have a tutorial for
this, showing the integration of the default preview panel into the
QueueMetrics agent’s page at
http://blog.wombatdialer.com/post/52639475437/preview . As with most things
in WombatDialer, we included all-powerful APIs to roll your own.

* A complete security model that closely mimics the one usedtter conmtrol
in QueueMetrics will let you define multiple, separate “tenants” having
their own campaigns while sharing the physical Asterisk infrastructure
Dynamic Campaigns: runs can now have lists of numbers added (or paused)
while they are running. Working fine with “idle” campaigns as well.

* The Live page was improved to display the dialer status and - when using
queue end-points - who is the agent currently connected to a call. Also a
number of usability tweaks were implemented to make the experience smoother.

* The dialer controls now show extensive queue and agent details to make
monitoring easier. Also the dialer supports better syncyng to live queues
when restarted.

* A number of performance changes will make processing larger campaigns a
breeze.

A complete description of all the changes is available in the updated User
Manual, available in HTML and PDF from
http://www.wombatdialer.com/manuals.jsp

You can test drive the latest version now, by running “yum upgrade wombat”
on an existing installation, or see http://wombatdialer.com/installation.jsp

We look forward to your feedback and suggestions - we have a special forum
for feedback located at http://wombatdialer.userecho.com . Let us know what
you think of the new version and what you would like to see in the next
version of WombatDialer.

Thanks,
l.

--