[asterisk-biz] Hotel PMS gateway product?

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Fri Jul 26 03:33:36 CDT 2013

Enswitch used to be able to connect to hotel Property Management Systems
(PMSs) using a gateway box made by Intouch Digital. This allowed it to
act as a hosted telephony system for hotels, with the PMS sending room
updates (e.g. guest checking in/out) to Enswitch so that calls could be
allowed/disallowed, and Enswitch sending billing updates to the PMS so
that calls would appear on guests' bills when they checked out.

Unfortunately Intouch Digital are no longer trading. I've been looking
for a replacement product without success. Internet searches for "hotel
PMS gateway" and similar tend to produce the Enswitch documentation as
their first result.

Does anyone know of a replacement PMS gateway product that we could use
to provide this functionality? We'd prefer not to have to implement the
protocol for each PMS system out there, particularly as many of them run
over serial cables (and thus awkward to integrate with a remote hosted
telephony system) and are poorly documented.

--
Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111