[asterisk-biz] Looking for Israel "Kosher" DID

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 14:18:38 CDT 2012

Hi Guys,

  Just to clear things up, there is no such thing is a Kosher DID, there is
a Kosher Phone Line, which is completely different.
In general, Kosher phone Lines are rendered by the Israeli PTT, as a means
to allow the Orthodox Jews in Israel to have a
phone line which becomes inactive when the Sabath enters, and reactivates
once the Sabath ends. In addition, the same
applies to various holidays, religious days, fasts and so on. The thing that
makes it kosher, is the fact that the line is connected
to a different IN environment, applying the various logic.

  Any DID can be kosher, if applied by the carrier. The problem is this: I
can turn any DID into a kosher DID, by applying the
same logic. The issue is that I'll need to get approval by the various Rabbi
committees - and that's a shit to do.

Nir S