[asterisk-biz] We are seeking an integrator

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Mon Aug 20 13:09:14 CDT 2012

List,

We (PolyBeacon) are looking to expand our team and looking for a
junior / intermediate integrator to work with us.  This position will
start as contract work. Depending on how well you work with us and
are able to integrate with the team, there is definitively a possibility of a
permanent if both parties are interested.

The ideal contractor will have existing experience with the following:

1. Asterisk
- You should be able to build a new Asterisk PBX from scratch,
provision Polycom SoundPoint IP 355/550/650 phones, modify
configuration files and debug problems.  Note, we do not use FreePBX
(Trixbox, Elastic, PBXiaF, etc) if you don't know how to configure and
managed asterisk outside a GUI, this position is not for you.

2. VoIP
- You should have a solid understanding of VoIP, specifically SIP.
You know how to capture and read wireshark / tcpdump (pcap) traces and
be able to understand the flow of messages.  We don't expect you to
have the same knowledge as oej or kpfleming, but at least an
understanding of it.

3. Debian / Ubuntu
- We use a mix of Debian / Ubuntu for development and production
system.  Please be familiar with these distributions and understand
how they work.

4. Asterisk Testsuite
- You should know what it is and how to install, use it.

5. Source control management (git, subversion)
- You have used either subversion or git.  Bonus points if you have a
Github account where we can looking at your previous work.

6. Programming / Scripting (Python)
- You have knowledge of programming or scripting. While you will not
be programming in C, you should be able to look into the asterisk
source code and try and figure out what is going on if you have a
problem.  We'd like to see you have the ability to write Python.

7. Puppet
- You should know what Puppet is and understand how it works.  Ideally
you will have already setup a puppet-master and connected a node to it.

8. Self control
- This will likely be a remote position, unless you are from Ottawa,
Ontario, Canada.  As such, you should be able to manage yourself and
have existing experience working at home / remotely.  We will expect
you to deliver tasks on time and within / under budget. We cannot
stress this point enough, you must deliver work on-time.

9. Communication
- You must be able to communicate clearly using the English language;
read, write and speak. You will also have a solid understanding of
IRC and Jabber, these are the primary tools we use.

If you believe you have the above requirements please contact us off
list with your details (jobs at polybeacon.com).  Please include the
following:

- name
- number of years using Asterisk
- hourly / daily rate
- availability
- timezone you are located in
- resume / cvs
- examples of work (eg: github profile)
- open source experience

Once you have submitted your information, we'll only be contacting you
if we are interested in moving forward.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)