[asterisk-biz] Asterisk Developers: Mojo Lingo is Hiring

Ben Klang bklang at mojolingo.com
Thu Aug 16 11:56:39 CDT 2012

Hello Asterisk-Biz,

Some of you may know that my company, Mojo Lingo, not only sponsors development of Adhearsion but works with it on a day-to-day basis.  If you are not familiar with Adhearsion, it is the open source voice application framework.  We use Adhearsion to write code at a high level and get powerful functionality out of the telephone engines we use, including Asterisk.  Mojo Lingo has been growing a lot in the last year and the time has come to expand our team.  Do you enjoy writing telephony applications?  Want to do it all day? We are looking for two positions:

1) Project manager/Developer: Someone who can manage our various projects, interacting directly with customers, documenting requirements, prioritizing development and scheduling developers to ensure fulfillment.  Since that work would only require part-time effort, this person should also be able to write code at a functional level to help contribute to the project delivery.  Primary skills: organization, good presentation abilities (oral/written), Secondary skills: Ruby development

2) Developer: A mid-level position, someone who is competent coding, familiar with practices like TDD and can write good, clean Ruby.  Ideally this person has participated in open source and has a lot of curiosity when approaching unfamiliar problems. Should be self-directed and curious about problems, even if those problems are not directly assigned. Primary skills: Ruby development, Secondary skills: Telephony/SIP troubleshooting

Are your Ruby skills rusty? No problem. We will train you.  We care more about aptitude and attitude than experience.

Preference will be shown to those who can work out of the Atlanta office, though we are open to remote work as well. Today about 1/2 of the Mojo Lingo team works from home (outside the Atlanta area) and travels a few times a year to attend company gatherings and technical conferences.  The work is offered on a contract basis initially, though full-time employment can also be discussed.

A little about Mojo Lingo's philosophy: we enjoy a flat structure with minimal management.  There's plenty of work to be done and we expect that you will get it done on time.  We work as a team to support each other and make sure everyone has what they need.  Several times a year the entire team flies to a city for a week of hacking and socialization.  We use tools like XMPP, Pivotal Tracker, Github and video conferencing to stay in touch.  We have a daily standup that never lasts more than 15 minutes (usually just 5-10 minutes).  Your contributions will be appreciated and you will be respected by your peers.

Interested? Drop me a line!

Email/XMPP/SIP: bklang at mojolingo.com
Skype: benklang
IRC: bklang (irc.freenode.net)

/BAK/
--
Ben Klang
Principal/Technology Strategist, Mojo Lingo
bklang at mojolingo.com
+1.404.475.4841

Mojo Lingo -- Voice applications that work like magic
http://mojolingo.com
Twitter: @MojoLingo