[asterisk-biz] Fwd: Looking for Senegal Mobile Orange

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Fri Oct 28 22:29:39 CDT 2011

Um, no....  Think before you hit send......

******WARNING COULD BE DISTURBING TO SOME PEOPLE***********
http://www.google.com/search?q=liberia+civil+war&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=553&sei=%20SXCrTo2eC4fc0QH3opSjDw

I can scan the pictures I took myself.

It is from seem the aftermath of civil wars first hand in 2005 working on a
USAID contract to "Help Rebuild the Infrastructure" so NGOs promoting peace
could communicate, wifi or VSAT were the only options.

I was in the Mano River Union countries in 2004-05, Liberia, Sierra Leone,
and Guinea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mano_River_Union

There was zero law, zero power except generators, zero clean water, and zero
copper.

All the copper was stolen to make pots and pans.  You have no idea of what
you are talking about and neither does anyone unless they were there.

There was still active fighting mostly outside of the city, but you could
hear the shoot outs, sometimes in the city as well.

Liberia had the largest UN deployment in history, not sure if that has been
beat.  The Bluehats don't do anything, they have blue hats on and their
tanks are bright yellow!  They are a show of force.

I met General Butt Naked who is featured on Vice Travel Guide to Liberia.
Sierra Leone was about the same and Guinea was worse.
I advise anyone that wants to see some real world things to watch all of the
Vice Travel Guide series.  One guy interviewed could get a nuke and sell
would gladly sell it, he said he learned the American way of greed,
capitalism, and the free market.

The Vice guys are a little more crazy than me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQSjyYRTDVM

No dictator here, just guy ducking his head, walking tall, so the locals
think real hard before they do anything and keeping situational awarness to
a maximum.  I have been in enough wars or conflict zones to know how to act.

You don't have any idea what I have seen and done buddy.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro