[asterisk-biz] Patch for Asterisk logging

Dovid Bender asterisk at dovid.net
Sun Nov 6 06:07:21 CST 2011

Hi All,

How hard it would it be to and what is a rough "guesstimate" of the time
needed to  modify asterisk logging so that in logger.conf I can specify
different logging options such as agi debug and sip debug. Right now if say
I have:

syslog.local0 => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose,dtmf,fax

in order to get agi debug and sip debug in there I will need to turn on sip
and agi debugging from Asterisk. This will send it to asterisk locally as
well as to syslog. I want a way to keep the local logs the way they are
however when it comes to say syslog to log everything with agi debug on and
sip debug on. I was thinking of something like:

syslog.local0 => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose,dtmf,fax|debug=0|agi
debug=9|sip set debug ip=10.10.10.10

Basically I want SIP and AGI debugging but only for syslog and NOT for local
files.

TIA.

Regards,

Dovid