[asterisk-biz] Rates Importer Tool

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Mon May 9 20:06:22 CDT 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>wrote:

> On 05/09/2011 08:31 PM, A E [Gmail] wrote:
>
>  Sure, like I said, not expecting to be spoon-fed, just trying to
>> reduce the dev. time by taking existing code / scripts etc from
>> anyone who's willing to share and tweak them to make it work for
>> the carriers we end up getting our rates from, as well as then
>> converting them into some format/template that we choose to feed
>> into our rating/routing engine. Incidentally, we're planning to buy
>> only from the larger/major suppliers and are hoping that someone
>> would've the templates/scripts to normalize those suppliers' rate
>> decks and that they'd be willing to share them :)
>>

> At the risk of impetuousness, I think this is a somewhat misguided
> endeavour, simply because the code/templates/scripts you're asking for are
> inextricably found up in the specificity of a given ITSP environment, vendor
> blend, billing engine, etc.
>
> Agreed, but there have to be people who've written a standalone tool that
uses templates of carriers they buy from on a regular basis handling
complete A-Z as well as rate updates and then normalize it to then save it
to a CSV/Excel or some other format which can then be imported into either a
BI system, handed over to BI SaaS provider, as well as consumed locally in
their own rating/routing engine. In fact, I know of a company that have
built one that is quite generic and is a standalone tool and is NOT tied to
their switch/routing/rating engine but just spits out a CSV file which can
then be consumed any number of ways. Unfortunately, I can't get it from
them.

Also, there are commercial tools available which are relatively generic and
handle rate import/export, so clearly it IS possible to build these tools
that are general enough without being that specific. And finally, just like
Asterisk is a FOSS general/customisable PBX/Switch alternative to a
fully-functional commercial PBX/Switch, was hoping there's one for rate
imports as well put out by a generous developer in the community :)