[asterisk-biz] software for call center

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Fri Jul 15 19:14:54 CDT 2011

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct list...

A college of mine asked if i knew any companies that have implemented
call centers using Open Source Software.
Although he didn't explicitly mentioned Asterisk, i considered it the
best starting point.

I don't have many details (yet), but from what i heard:
He is responsible for setting up/replacing a call center this year.
Some people immediately jumped for Cisco, but he was opting for
opensource.

-software must be "turn-key"
-support through SLA-contract
-Possibility for (re-)training existing people
-Your company should preferebly European
-Your company should have done a number of simular projects.

I presume you would like to know the intended audiance (estimated number
of calls/hour), but that's a detail i'm not sure about myself.
It could be either for a sub-department or our whole organisation.
In the latter case we are talking about 50,000 users.

Hans