[asterisk-biz] Calling Card / VoIP Service Provider Opportunity

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Tue Feb 15 21:27:56 CST 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 7:44 AM, Robert Huddleston
<rhuddleston at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this is going to sound somewhat crazy – but we are looking at
> starting a calling-card / VoIP platform – and interested in like-minded
> partners.
>
> The current team includes members with over 30+ years in the telecom
> industry and pioneers in the rollout of mainstream broadband VoIP networks.
>
> If you might be interested in partnering with us in a new endeavor – please
> email me off-list.
>
> Also if you are already in the market and interested in providing advice /
> networking tips – we’d love to hear from you as well.
>
> Thank you for your time

It does sound crazy.  Are you new to Asterisk and why do you need
networking advice when you said, "The current team includes members
with over 30+ years in the telecom industry and pioneers in the
rollout of mainstream broadband VoIP networks.

Maybe you were referring to business networking rather than computer networking.

Do you have a business plan and startup money?

When you say "partner", do you mean owning part of the company and
working for it, or do you mean partner in the sense of partnering with
vendors.

I have setup a prepaid calling card for DoS (Department of State) to
help people get visas to enter the US.  They had to buy the card to
call into the call center in order to make an appointment with the
Embassy.  The card gave them nine minutes of talk time, unlimited
calls until the time was out, and the call was not to drop if it went
over nine minutes, it could continue until hangup and then the card
was not usable anymore.

What is your niche market, there are tons of calling cards, it is saturated.

If I were to do a calling card,  I would get the best rates to Mexico
all of South America.  I would try to get seven eleven to be a
distributor since there is a high population of South Americans in
this area.

Thanks,
Steve T