[asterisk-biz] Asterisk Realtime

amit anand onewaytoconnect at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 13:17:47 CDT 2011

The hard coded file is loaded into asterisk when asterisk starts or
reloaded.

After that whenever DB is available and updates some users then the updated
file will be loaded into memory and if database goes down then also asterisk
will read from memory not the flat file. To get the asterisk change any info
either a reload is required or realtime

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 23:34, Jake Hansen <jhansen at zray.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know the answer to this?
>
> I want to set up an asterisk realtime dialplan.  I want to also generate a
> flat file(extensions_custom.conf) that would also be generated from the info
> in the database in case the database becomes unavailable.  My questions is,
> if I have a number set up in asterisk realtime, and also, the same routing
> in the flat file, which would take priority?
>
> I would want the number in the real time to take priority but if the
> database becomes unavailable, I would want it to fail back to the hard coded
> flat file.  Does anyone have any experience with this?
>
> --
> Jake Hansen
> Sr. Network Administrator
> ZTelco / ZRay Technologies, Inc.