[asterisk-biz] For sale: OpenBTS USRP test rig

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Sep 28 15:35:08 CDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Bret McDanel <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 14:40 -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
>> Oh, did you hack the boards to flip between 900mhz and 1800mhz by
>> simply flashing the firmware, does the flex1800 allow for that out of
>> the box?
>>

> Per Mike? Ettus the flex1800 and flex900 only differ in the 902-928MHz
> filter on the 900MHz board and its not there on the 1800.  Firmware is
> 100% compatible and if you take a 1800 board and reflash it, its a 900
> without the filter and no soldering.
>
> He recommends you get the 1800 boards and reflash them for obvious
> reasons.
>
>> I had to mod my flex900 boards to be able to do it, and if you aren't
>> proficient at it at soldering and cutting a trace on a circuit board,
>> you wind up with junk.
>>

> you got a 1800 in exchange which was not flashed :P  At least that is
> what you got from me.
>

> --
> Trixter aka Bret McDanel
> website:  http://www.0xdecafbad.com
> pgp key:  http://bit.ly/9XYK4b

It is Matt Ettus of Ettus Research.

Your skills are much better than mine.  Mine doesn't look so good but
it works just fine.

I have lots of goodies now.  app_rpt, whatever the bluetooth app is
called now, GNURadio with multiple USRPs and boards, repeaters in
three states.

It takes communication to a whole new level, that is for sure.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro