[asterisk-biz] For sale: OpenBTS USRP test rig

Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Sep 27 16:30:38 CDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 14:40 -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> Oh, did you hack the boards to flip between 900mhz and 1800mhz by
> simply flashing the firmware, does the flex1800 allow for that out of
> the box?

Per Mike? Ettus the flex1800 and flex900 only differ in the 902-928MHz
filter on the 900MHz board and its not there on the 1800.  Firmware is
100% compatible and if you take a 1800 board and reflash it, its a 900
without the filter and no soldering.

He recommends you get the 1800 boards and reflash them for obvious
reasons.

> I had to mod my flex900 boards to be able to do it, and if you aren't
> proficient at it at soldering and cutting a trace on a circuit board,
> you wind up with junk.

you got a 1800 in exchange which was not flashed :P  At least that is
what you got from me.

--
Trixter aka Bret McDanel
website:  http://www.0xdecafbad.com