[asterisk-biz] SMS Over Sip

Abdul Hakeem alhakeem at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 07:00:17 CDT 2010

I am looking at it from wholesale SMS routing perspective. It's much easier
to provide applications and LCR using Sip/MESSAGE on an Asterisk box rather
than going through the headache of SMPP or even SS7.
LNP can  be done with the LCR + lookup table or using an external proxy.
I am not conversant with Sipgate's SMS wholesale offering, but I'll check it
out on the website.
Has anyone on the list worked with or done anything for Google Voice in that
perspective ?
Cheers,
AH