[asterisk-biz] SMS Over Sip

Karl Fife karlfife at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 16:01:09 CDT 2010

I believe Sipgate does (still) provide SMS support on DID's, however reading
between the lines I suspect you're looking for a provider that also supports
Local Number Portability.  I believe that magic duo still does not exist,
but someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong because I too am looking for
that!  Sipgate would work well if you happen to want a new number local to
Sacramento, CA in the US.  Also IIRC Sipgate (still) bears all media through
their servers on the west coast of the US.  To you non-west-coasters out
there, the Sipgate design decision introduces yet another 'parasitic'
latency penalty in addition to all of the others your call path may
introduce.

-Karl