[asterisk-biz] PRI vs SIP vs ???

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Sat Oct 30 10:58:52 CDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-30 at 06:13 -0400, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:
> Doesn't matter how good VoIP is, there is no comparison with a real
> physical line. For absolutely 0 tolerance, guaranteed voice quality
> and 99.999% uptime, a physical T1 is the only solution.

A physical T1 won't give you 99.999% uptime (that's five minutes of
downtime every year), and a semi-decent VoIP solution can give
guaranteed quality: we used to offer SDSL lines direct into our
platform, run G.711 over them and the quality was indistinguishable from
calls running over a PRI.

--Dave