[asterisk-biz] PRI vs SIP vs ???

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Sat Oct 30 10:48:12 CDT 2010

If your decision is based on cost alone, it's likely that the SIP solution
is best.

However, if your client requires voice quality and reliability, the PRI
solution will likely win.

10-15 concurrent calls over DSL is probably not a good solution.

If you're considering a T1 for Internet access, it's probably not a
considerable increase in cost to include PRI. Most LECs offer a hybrid
solution that would include 10 PRI voice channels and 832MB Internet (really
dedicated Internet).

If your client is in the Chicago IL USA area the definition of "local" comes
into play. I'm spoiled as I'm located in the Twin Cities MN area-I think we
have the world's largest local calling area. What percentage of your
client's calls are really local?

--Don

Don Kelly

PCF Corp