[asterisk-biz] Asterisk cluster / failover program - Lite version announcement

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Fri Nov 26 15:34:53 CST 2010

Many HAAST license sales have been to call centers with very competent Asterisk & Linux admins, with complex needs (eg: failover between geographically distant call centers, hook into diagnostic/line information of proprietary hardware).  We also have reseller agreements with Asterisk integrators who sell Asterisk phone systems to mid size businesses looking for high availability using cheap/mismatched hardware.  These qualified integrators continue to find value in HAAST.  So, sure you could build your own (just like you could build your own radio too) - but it sounds like HAAST doesn't solve a problem you have.

If you look through the archives there were some interesting posts where users made good arguments that VoIP will never match the simplicity and stability of analog telephony. To them Asterisk is not a solution to their telephony problems, so in their opinion they are right too.

I'm not saying any opinions on this thread are right or wrong - lots of valid points of view...(but I'm not sure it's going anywhere useful)

Michelle