[asterisk-biz] DIDX Query

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Mon Nov 8 10:16:35 CST 2010

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010, Steve Totaro wrote:

> What was the final reason given as to why your numbers "went away"?
> I am reading "went away" to mean that they never came back.  I can
> also see how it could be understood to mean the problem went away.
> Was it regulation, war, or what?

  The provider that they were using disappeared, stopped communicating, fell
  off the radar.   Maybe the Gov't, maybe the person was jailed, maybe the
  person was the guy wearing the old man mask on the plane to Canada.

> As for DNS, it is a best practice to have more than one server with
> different providers..  I usually use two, one supplied by the ISP and
> the second, one of the 4.2.2.x, for customers, and have seen up to
> four DNS servers.

  By DNS provider I mean the company who responds when people/computers
  request the IP of my domain names.  DNSmadeEasy is really a great company
  who offers a great service at a very reasonable cost.  I too rely on
  multiple providers for my own personal DNS resolution, but I use namebench
  to determine what I use.