[asterisk-biz] DIDX Query

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Fri Nov 5 06:54:29 CDT 2010

On 11/4/10 1:13 PM, Fred Posner wrote:
> On Nov 4, 2010, at 12:53 PM, Jai Rangi wrote:
>
>> Vitelity is too expensive. That's why we have been very busy in porting number from Vitelity to didforsale.com
> Wow. You work for didforsale.com... if you're going to post something like that, you should make it clear. Otherwise, it kind of just makes you assholic.

Now, see... since I know Jay is the owner of didforsale.com, I
understood 'we' to be didforsale.com in that above sentence. To me, that
read: "Didforsale.com has been very busy porting numbers from Vitelity
[because of Vitelity's charges]."  Now, whether that's true or not, I'd
consider such a statement neither deceptive nor 'assholic.'

It's like saying car X handles better than car Y and is cheaper, too.
Or "Coke tastes better than Pepsi."  Pretty standard comparitive marketing.

Should Jai have come out and said "I represent didforsale.com" somewhere
in his posting? Perhaps. Should he have signed it as the corporate
owner? Maybe. But he's been around here long enough that maybe he didn't
think it was necessary to mention it.

I, for one, almost never mention the company I run in these emails, and
I VERY rarely sign my emails with my corporate identity. To me, it feels
too much like using the list as a marketing tool instead of an exchange
of business-related information.  I'm sure I'm missing out a little on
some marketing, but this list is such that, were I to say the wrong
thing, I'd be sure to be 'shredded' right and left, and THAT'S certainly
never good marketing. ;)

Oh... and by the way... my company? Totally awesome. And much better
than all the others.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. ;)

N.