[asterisk-biz] DIDX Query

Fred Posner fred at teamforrest.com
Thu Nov 4 08:00:35 CDT 2010

On Nov 4, 2010, at 8:49 AM, Steve Totaro wrote:

>>> Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Now, now, why all the negativity?  Dan's plight warrants our empathy:
>>>  he is using DIDX.
>>>
>>> The fact that he thought it faster - and perhaps liable to be more
>>> accurate - to ask the list than DIDX itself is not his fault;  it's a
>>> symptom of a whole problem in itself, which is that this is the state
>>> of DIDX support.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Alex Balashov - Principal
>>> Evariste Systems LLC
>>> 1170 Peachtree Street
>>> 12th Floor, Suite 1200
>>> Atlanta, GA 30309
>>> Tel: +1-678-954-0670
>>> Fax: +1-404-961-1892
>>> Web: http://www.evaristesys.com/
>>
>> --
>

> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 3:49 AM, Dan Journo <dan at keshercommunications.com> wrote:
>> Alex,
>>
>> Do you think Didx should be avoided?
>> If so, where do you go for dids?
>>
>> Can you recommend a better provider?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dan
>
> Dan, I went ahead and fixed your top post, the same practice you
> scolded me about.  I only really top post to questions that can be
> answered easily, or flat out off topic, especially when the answers
> are easily obtained through Google or the website.
>
> Personally, I would avoid DIDx.  Do some of your own leg work.  Search
> the archives.
>
> Are you just looking for DIDs to port somewhere else, or are you
> looking for service as well?  Did you cost out the usage based on your
> historical or expected usage?
>
> Things like this make me raise an eyebrow.
> http://blogs.didx.net/2010/08/honest-review-of-didx-by-member-since.html
>
> First, when someone says "honestly" or " to tell you the truth" that
> is a big red flag to me.  Why the need to qualify something as honest
> or truthful?
>
> The second part of this is that it is B2B and a very close
> relationship between DIDx and Comtel which was acquired by Astraqom,
> the company that posted "Honestly" about DIDx.  The Comtel acquisition
> was done in March of this year (2010).
>
> Max failed to disclose pertinent information.
>
> Here is an excerpt from Max Glucksmann's resume (
> http://www.scribd.com/doc/25124119/Max-Glucksmann-2010-01-DB-PBX-Web-Mail-IT-Manager-Resume
> ) with no disclosure in the "Honest" testimonial:
>
> DIDx. Pensacola, FL
> 12/2007 - Present
> → Worked as an API integrator, building web pages to use and display
> the APIs for DIDx DID number purchasing and management
> through Comtel Networks' website.
> → Sold DIDs to Comtel Networks' clients through the API integration seamlessly.
> → Attended different conference shows representing DIDx as an API
> Integrator and customer support agent. Helped accrue new DIDx
> members and helped them during the sign-up Inter-op process. The shows
> [...]

For domestic DIDs, I am a big, huge fan of flowroute. Had voicepulse, but much happier since I moved to flowroute.

I also had trouble getting things started with DIDx, but that being said truly like some people at the organization such as Suzanne Bowers. Also, my company helped with a charity call center and DIDx provided the DIDs... they worked fine for 20+ simultaneous calls (no complaints of sound quality).

For intl, I've been using didww with mixed results. A mexico number I have is perfect, 0 issues. Colombian DIDs drop like flies... but that might be more of a Colombian issue than DIDww.

---fred
http://qxork.com