[asterisk-biz] OpenSIPS Bootcamp (Daniel-Constantin Mierla)

Flavio Goncalves flavio at voffice.com.br
Wed Mar 31 09:13:44 CDT 2010

Hi Daniel,

I really didn’t want to get into the politics about OpenSIPS versus
Kamailio(Siprouter or whatever you have named in the last two years) and
this does not seem to be the right place, but I’m obligated to answer your
post.  In the first place, try http://www.openser.org. In the second place,
the ownership of sourceforge does not entitle you as the owner of the name
or the project. Do you have the trademark of OpenSER?  I don't think so.
The information I have from the OpenSIPS project is below -
http://www.opensips.org/Main/About.

"*OpenSIPS* <http://www.opensips.org/>* is the new name for the
**OpenSER*<http://www.openser.org/>
* project. *

*Voice System* <http://www.voice-system.ro/>* (your former company) started
the OpenSER project back in 2005 and strongly supported it since then - like
man power, organizing and sponsoring events, developing and overviewing the
development and sustaining the projects. In 2008, due some Trademark issues
over the name, the project had to go for the new name - and OpenSIPS is the
new name of the project. **Voice System* <http://www.voice-system.ro/>* team
has strongly contributed to the generic effort of migrating to the new name
- SVN, web site, documentation, etc.* "

If you don't agree and want to keep this discussion, I will suggest that,
you and your old partner talk about this and decide a mutual agreed policy
about the old name in a proper place.  I write books and training
courseware, I'm not an actual or former employee or co-owner of
Voice-System. I did not fork, renamed or kicked out developers of any
sourceforge project. I'm only posting some information about a training we
will have in April and this is the information I have.

Regards,

Flavio E. Goncalves