[asterisk-biz] OpenSIPS Bootcamp

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 07:54:10 CDT 2010

On 3/31/10 2:25 PM, Flavio Goncalves wrote:
> Greetings Everyone,
>
> We still have a few seats available for the OpenSIPS Bootcamp EUA. It
> is scheduled for San Francisco, from April 19 to 23. OpenSIPS (former
> OpenSER)
do you mean "fork of openser"?

openser project is another one, which I registered on 2005-05-17 to
SourceForge.net (click on 'show project details'):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openser/

open sips you mention here is registered on 2008-06-25 according to
SourceForge.net:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/opensips/

Either you are misinformed or try to take advantage from the credits of
openser developers, which is pathetic if happens so. Be kind and promote
the truth as you use and benefit from the work done by many people to
open source space. If your project is good, you don't need to lie,
people are smart to figure that out and use it. Cannot be "former
openser" since openser still exists as open source project. Sticking to
truth will give you better credibility.

openser was renamed to kamailio due to trademark issues back in 2008,
days before open sips fork was announced - see http://www.kamailio.org
to really get the right picture.

Cheers,
Daniel