[asterisk-biz] Foip solution

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Tue Mar 30 23:47:18 CDT 2010

Alex Balashov wrote:

> Interesting.  I'd be curious to know how much that kind of access costs
> at sea.

I want to say that the 1mbps/1mbps service was about $1300/mo, but don't
quote me on that (as I no longer work for the company in question, we
parted on not-so-good terms).  The ocean going vessels also required an
auto-tracking gyro-stabilized Ku-band dish package that was (again,
don't quote me) about $30K.  But we had reports that one particular
vessel never lost a single phone call or fax call even when taking
16-18ft seas.