[asterisk-biz] Foip solution

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Mar 30 14:22:59 CDT 2010

Telpoint wrote:

> Hylafax is robust fax software , if you intend to use it for high volume
> say bureau service , you will need to run it with the right type of board
> as it is DSP resource bound.

Unless your needs are for extremely high capacities (well north of 200
channels per system), FAX modems can be run in large numbers on a modern
x86 system without an issue and without requiring DSPs. During testing
of Fax For Asterisk, we regularly run nearly 200 channels of TDM FAX
(V.17 14.4kbps modems) on a modest dual-core desktop PC with clean results.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com