[asterisk-biz] Foip solution

Rob Rothberg rrothberg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 11:26:55 CDT 2010

Hylafax is reliable, but faxing over IP is not particularly reliable.  I
used hylafax + asterisk + TDMoE (RedFone FoneBridge 2 which I have for sale)
to bulk fax thousands of payment due notices every day without a glitch, but
I was using voice channels on a T-1 to handle the faxing.  T.38 really
wasn't a practical option when I implemented this several years ago.  Not
sure if that has changed at all.  BTW, if you need someone that really knows
his Hylafax, I have an awesome reference for someone I found on the Hylafax
group who was one of the individuals doing maintenance on the Hylafax
sources.  Used him for 3 years and he was always there when I needed him.
He's pretty well versed in Asterisk as well.