[asterisk-biz] Anyone ported numbers from Voxbone?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Mar 16 13:04:00 CDT 2010

On 03/16/2010 01:56 PM, SIP wrote:

> Our origination choice dujour requires us to fill out a ton of info
> about the port. Billing customer ID, billing customer name, etc, etc.
> to complete the CSR information. When we fill out what WE have on file
> with Voxbone, obviously, it comes back with an invalid CSR, can't
> complete.  When we ask Voxbone to supply us with the valid CSR, we get a
> "Sorry, we don't usually give that information out."
>
> SO... we were wondering if anyone's had any experience with it one way
> or another and if it's just something we can expect will eventually get
> worked out, or if I should be clamoring louder to the Voxbone powers
> that be.

They're playing obstructionist games.  A simple LOA is sufficiently
viable evidence of your intent to port from a legal perspective;  the
mechanics should be up to the carriers to figure out.

I'd crawl up the chain at Voxbone, or try to get in touch with the
right people at one of the donor carriers and complain about them.
They don't want to get in the middle of a big PUC complaint on behalf
of a dinky ITSP/wholesale customer.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC