[asterisk-biz] 87.230.80.186 - Trying to register

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jun 24 06:02:26 CDT 2010

On 06/24/2010 06:44 AM, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:

> This is just one of the many IPs. On my server it'll automatically
> blocked by Fail2ban. We should have a central location where we could
> pulish all such IPs for everyone's benefit.

Easiest way to do this might be to have a special ENUM zone for it.
Just slightly customise the format of the information returned from the
queries.  It has basically the same advantage as DNSBL lists do in SMTP
there:  nearly everyone's mainstream SIP endpoint can query it without
additional complications.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC