[asterisk-biz] Anyone knows about wholesale text messaging contracts?

Michael astml at nettrust.co.nz
Tue Jan 19 22:43:03 CST 2010

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:11:20 c.savinovich at itntelecom.com wrote:

> I disagree with you.  First of all, silence may be indicative that the
> information may be too good to be shared.  Second, SMS text messaging

With that view I doubt they would even return your call.

> reselling is a booming business, with new web sites providers appearing
> every week, and dont need to even mention the growing projections for the
> industry. And third, I only reiterated my line of questioning in liu of a
> question you posed to me.

To put this is perspective for you: Some time ago I called up both New
Zealand's cellular carriers (This was prior to the 3rd one being established
recently) to obtain information.

The first question that was asked is 'what are your projected volumes?'

To cut a long story short neither is interested in even looking at anything
less then 1-million SMS per month. This is in a country of 4.3 million
people.

According to a whois, you are in the US so you do the sums on what your local
carriers MOQ requirements are.

You are offering quantity of 300k per month. I would think this is enough to
get some real interest from the 2nd tier carriers, who will most certainly
give you a cheaper price then any telco would because:

1. They are buying HUGE quantity

2. They may well be terminating SMS for the carrier(s) as well and in the
telco world ability to terminate is a major difference between the men and
the boys.

3. And last of all - if you are being offered rates of 1c each, you can be
confident that their margin is so small it's not worth your while.