[asterisk-biz] Destop vs webbased

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Fri Jan 15 07:36:14 CST 2010

It all depends on the situation, i work for www.zoiper.com, we have or
are working on all 3 scenario's.
In general the overal audio quality of a desktop solution will be >>
webbased (active-x/npapi/java) >> flash based.

However, the ease of use (from an installation point of view) is the
other way around.

If the agents are using browser based software and they don't really
surf to anything but their work, webbased will be fine.
If they have acces to the complete web, including flash websites and
javascript cpu intense websites, i would not recommend it.

Zoa