[asterisk-biz] subject: 1.4 vs 1.6

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Wed Feb 24 08:35:22 CST 2010

Juan,

We've recently moved from 1.4 to 1.6.1 for new Enswitch installations.
Existing customers are also gradually migrating over (even though we
don't require it), mostly for T.38 support. I would estimate that 8 to
10 production carrier Enswitch systems have been migrated so far. We did
have one customer go back to 1.4 due to carrier compatibility problems,
but most of the reports have been positive.

We're happy with 1.6.1.12 and this is the version we're rolling out on
new installs. 1.6.1.13 to 1.6.1.16 are not suitable for Enswitch due to
bug #16581, but we've been told that this will be fixed in 1.6.1.17 so
we'll test that when it's out and if suitable move to it.

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799
http://integrics.com/