[asterisk-biz] Maximum call handling capacity on single server

Amit Patkar | Avhan Technologies Pvt. Ltd. amit at avhan.com
Mon Feb 15 10:05:40 CST 2010

Hi

I have a server with Quad Core Xeon 2.4GHz and 4GB RAM. I want to use it for
PSTN-IP gateway. What is the maximum call handling capacity I can achieve
with this server?

I want at least 480 concurrent PSTN-IP calls. That mean I will have to
install minimum 4 x 4E1 cards and run 480 G.711 RTP sessions. No call
recording. No IVR. Pure gateway functionality. Can I achieve this capacity
with given server configuration?
If not, what kind of server is required to achieve this capacity.

Has anyone done this? Please share results.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Patkar